I attended my first editorial conference recently when I travelled to London for the SfEP's 25th annual conference. It was a fantastic experience and I learned so much by attending the various lectures, seminars and workshops.
These resources may be useful for freelance editors and proofreaders, independent self-publishing authors, or indeed for any freelancer or small business owner.
Website and SEO
Social Media (general)
- How freelancers should create LinkedIn profiles
- How to set up your LinkedIn profile: a freelancer’s guide
- The ultimate guide to a perfect LinkedIn profile
- The ultimate guide to LinkedIn marketing
- Advanced LinkedIn techniques for getting more clients
- Are you making these 10 common LinkedIn mistakes?
- Seven ways to make your LinkedIn profile more appealing to editorial project managers
Planning and Measuring
- Crowning the Customer, by Fergal Quinn. Published by The O’Brien Press
- Marketing Your Editing & Proofreading Business. Being interesting and discoverable, by Louise Harnby. Published by Louise Harnby in association with The Publishing Training Centre
- Socialnomics. How Social Media Transforms the Way We Live and Do Business, by Erik Qualman. Published by John Wiley & Sons
5 marketing tips for the freelance editor or proofreader
Book review: Content Marketing Primer for Editors & Proofreaders