Some of the key things I learned about running an editing business
- Good customer service and reputation are essential for business success.
- Training pays for itself in the long run and facilitates the introduction of new services.
- Interacting with trusted colleagues is a valuable source of support and work.
- It is important to trust your business instinct.
- Recognising and seizing an opportunity when it presents itself is essential for business growth.
- Extensive use of macros has a direct positive impact on your profitability.
- Attending an editorial conference is a wonderful learning experience.
- changing career, starting and running an editorial business
- marketing your editorial business
- offering a new service
- fiction copy-editing
- work–life balance.
I’m looking forward to seeing old friends, meeting online friends in person for the first time and making new acquaintances, and of course learning lots about editing and publishing!
Marketing resources for editors, proofreaders, authors and freelancers
5 marketing tips for the freelance editor or proofreader
How I set up my proofreading and editing business
Book review: Content Marketing Primer for Editors & Proofreaders